Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dentist Appointments and Hair Cut

Jeremy had his first dentist appointment last week, and I have to brag that he did remarkably. Riley had her teeth checked first, and she's a pro at everything. She showed her brother how it's done, from the wearing of the nifty shades to getting her teeth polished to even having the fluoride without a problem. They did want her to have X-rays done (something they said they like to start after the kids turn 5), but her mouth was too small to house the mouthpiece. They said next time would be fine.

When it was J's turn, he was excited to wear his "fishy napkin" around his neck and ride up and down in the chair. He even proudly told the hygienist that he has 20 teeth! He let her polish his teeth, but then he got a little freaked out by "Mr. Thirsty" and decided he didn't want anything to do with the fluoride. They said that was fine. All things considered, he did a heck of a lot better than his sister did her first time! (Think screaming bloody murder and Phil having to hold her down.)

After that, we headed to get Riley's hair cut, but I was quickly reminding of how much fun a recently potty-trained kid can be. The minute we get onto a busy road, I hear from the backseat: "Mama, I need to go potty." I raced to the nearest location that had a potty, which happened to be Target, and hurried both kids inside. Luckily the little guy held it in until we got in there. I'm happy to say that he is officially potty-trained! And he even stays dry at naptime! I am thoroughly impressed.

Anyway, we went and had Riley's hair cut at a place that I don't care for. I had a coupon, and in hindsight I should've just gone to our regular place. The lady was a bit rude, and I remember her from before when she told me I needed to have Jeremy stop twirling his hair. (Really? Because of what harm? I doubt he'll grow up and need hair plugs from the twisting! And there are worse vices.) Riley sat in the chair by herself, and I told the hairdresser that I wanted Riley's hair "cleaned up" and maybe an inch off. The next thing I know Riley hops off the chair without the woman even asking me if I liked it! Nice. Not that she did a bad job, but it wasn't very classy.

Here's the finished product:

Smiling pretty.

No comments: