Saturday, April 17, 2010

Jeremy's Actual Birthday

Yes, I'm a mere 19 days behind my second-born's birthday, but life just gets in the way. :)

Anyway, Jeremy's birthday landed on a Tuesday this year during spring break. And how did we celebrate? By taking mom for her annual physical at the doctor's office! Fun times. And what was even better than that? The fact that the receptionist never let the nurses know that I had arrived. So instead of a nice 9 am appointment, I was called in around 10. And to add insult to injury, I had fasted for a blood draw after my appointment, so I was a tad starved! But the kids cooperated and did wonderful while mom was checked over. (Everything looks good, according to the blood test and doctor's assessment.)

We then headed to the park to enjoy the seasonably warm weather. The kids were beyond excited to be outside and run around for a bit. We went home, had some lunch, and then headed to Cold Stone Creamery for some free ice cream for both Jeremy and myself (since my birthday was just a few days later). Riley was bummed that she didn't get any free ice cream, even though I reminded her that her birthday is not in March or April. Being the nice mom that I am, I let Riley eat most of my ice cream.

Riley is my monkey.

Jeremy sliding.

Enjoying my ice cream.

Jeremy enjoying his chocolate ice cream with Oreos.

Chilling with the birthday boy on the driveway.

Jeremy chose macaroni and cheese baked in the oven for dinner, and we had a few leftover cupcakes from his party for dessert. We opened presents, and he was BEYOND excited for one of his presents. Bet you can't guess which one.

With his Cars car wash that changes the cars colors.


Opening something hockey related...
I bet he has no idea what it is...

Oh, it's a hockey stick!

Posing with Dad.

Siblings.



Busting out the hockey net to test out his new stick.

Watch out Uncle D!

The 4-year-old nephew is ready for you!

I had to attend a class at church that evening, but I was able to get out of it early so I could tuck the little guy in. Crazy to think that it's been 4 years since I've had a son. And what a ride it's been. Can't wait to see what the next years have in store. I love you, buddy!

No comments: