Monday, July 11, 2011

Riley's Soccer

I just uploaded a ton of pictures off the camera--I hadn't done that since mid-May! Needless to say, I'm doing some catch up on here as I want to write a bit about spring sports, Jeremy's last day of preschool and Parent/Tot, Jeremy skating, Riley's last day of school, Bible school, you name it! But first--Riley's soccer.

As you may remember, we had a lackluster team/coach in the fall. So much so that I didn't want the experience to damper her enjoyment of the game. We were able to get her on a new team in the spring, thank goodness! And my, what a difference makes!

Her coach was so supportive and enjoyable. I even was asked to coach one game while our coach had to attend a funeral. Man, that's a tough job! It's so much easier to watch and critique than it is to coach a bunch of kids who all want to play specific positions and never want to sit out. 

But Riley had a great time, and after the last game of the season, the coach treated the kids to some Culvers. Not a bad way to cap off the season. She was asked this summer to partake in some 3v3 practice games with kids who are around 10 years old. She's holding her own in those practices, and I couldn't be more proud. They start travel soccer out here once kids head into 3rd grade, so looks like we might have another soccer star on our hands!

Riley with the ball. She scored a goal in the last game.

Ignore Phil's hand, but Riley in goal always makes me nervous!

No comments: