Saturday, March 17, 2012

Apologies

I'm sorry for the lack of posts. We've had a sickly house as of late, and I just haven't had much energy to do anything. It started with Jeremy being at home for three days a few weeks ago, and he had a 102-degree fever. (I admit that selfishly I enjoyed having the poor kid cuddle up with me. He did feel awful, but I was glad I was there to take care of him. And he fell asleep one day on my lap--man I miss those days when he was a lot smaller!) After day three, I took him to the doctor, for the doctor to practically scare me and claim that J may have early stages of mono! But that she wasn't for certain! Ugh. He did have spots on his throat, but his strep test came back negative.

Then two weeks ago he had yet another fever--this time at school, so he had to come home. He was fine the next day, so we spent much of it doing puzzles and playing games.

So then what happens last Sunday? I get sick. Horribly sick. It's been a rough process. I felt it coming on Sunday afternoon while we were outside enjoying the unseasonable weather. It was in the 60s, but I had such a chill--which might be somewhat attributed to the hockey rink--that I had Phil get my winter hat, coat and gloves from inside. Monday morning I had the 102-degree fever. I was a mess on Monday and Tuesday. And then Tuesday Jeremy went to the nurse with a stomach ache! I was floored. He came home and I said I couldn't play with him. He did a puzzle, and then I dozed off (Phil was working from home.) I woke up and J was fast asleep on the couch! I'm guessing the time change and all the sunshine might have worn him out. But he was back at school on Wednesday!

As for me, I'm feeling better. Still not 100%, which stinks. I hate being useless. In hindsight, I should have gone to the doctor, but I was feeling better Thursday and Friday. But now I can't breathe and my ear is clogged. I'm guessing I have a sinus infection and/or an ear infection. I think I'm off to the doc on Monday for some stronger drugs.

No rest for the weary here!
 

No comments: