Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ah June!

Feeling....so...behind!

Ever have one of those days (or weeks) where you just can't seem to catch up? I'm having that problem. I blame the warm weather. Don't get me wrong--I love nice weather more than anyone I know. And as a result, I insist that the kids spend almost every waking moment (when they're not eating or resting) outside. My poor house is neglected. I think I saw a tumbleweed roll across my floor today. The basement hasn't been vacuumed, since, well, I don't even really want to think about it.

On the bright side the kids are worn out from all the playing outside. I commented to one of my neighbors yesterday that yesterday was the perfect summery-type day. There were three moms and all of our kids (there were 7 total) were all playing together, whether it was digging in the dirt, riding bikes, playing ball or drawing with chalk. And the moms just sat and soaked it all in. I could get used to that.

So sorry for the updating delay. I have so much to comment on, from Memorial Day to Riley's parent/teacher conference, to her last official day yesterday! It was a bittersweet day. So for now, you'll just have to see for yourself what a happy little girl we have:

Nevermind that it was June 3
when this was taken and she's wearing a coat!


Now do me a favor and get out and enjoy the beautiful weather. I'll get around to posting one of these days....

No comments: