Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Parent/Tot End of Year Picnic

When I first began staying at home with the kids, I stumbled across a wonderful state-sponsored community called the Parent/Tot Center. I love this concept, which allows parents and their children to interact with other families within the community. It's for children up to the age of 4, so Riley can no longer attend. Jeremy and I made a weekly outing to the Center, which is run by a woman named Miss Carla. She is such a wonderful woman, and Jeremy loves going there.

At the end of the school year, the P/T Center sponsored a picnic and siblings were invited. It was a rather chilly day--I had luckily packed pants for the kids and had them change before we made it to the park. As for me, I wrapped myself up in a blanket I brought for us to sit on!

Jeremy was beyond excited when he saw the fire truck approaching.
He announced it to Miss Carla with such enthusiasm.


Playing with friends on the playground. Jeremy's back is
to the camera and Riley is wearing the red jacket.


We ran into three kids from Riley's preschool, who were there with their siblings. Both kids enjoyed playing on the playground and eating lots of pizza. There were cookies, too, and I caught Jeremy swiping one. A kid after my own heart (and stomach!).

There was a clown at the picnic, and she made Riley a flower and Jeremy a dog.
(I'm not quite sure why Jeremy looks so tiny here!)



No comments: