Friday, June 11, 2010

Blackhawk Fever

We've been pretty crazed in this house for the last few days, since the mighty Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup! (And I can officially announce this here since I was given word that Uncle D finally watched Game 6 the other night.)

I think this video pretty much surmises feelings felt by many a Hawk fan. And this article is spot on about the coverage on NBC and about Jeremy Roenick.

Phil was able to attend the rally downtown today, and last we heard was that more than two million people were down there! Add the fact that the rally was going on, Bluesfest was beginning and the Cubs/Sox series started at Wrigley today, and its no surprise that his train was packed this morning.

The kids have been super excited, I can't get enough of the media attention given (I made the kids watch the parade/rally on TV today) and we're going to scope championship gear soon.

It's a good time to be a Hawks fan. It only took a few years.


No comments: