Saturday, March 12, 2011

My Babies


Most days pass in such a blur that I can't even remember all the things we did that day. What did we have for breakfast/lunch/dinner? What errands did we run today? Did Riley finish her homework? What stories did the kids hear today?

And as the school year is beginning to wind down, I'm realizing just how quickly time does fly. I look at that picture above and am amazed at how quickly the kids have grown. They are each other's best friends on most days, and they can keep each other entertained for hours. Wasn't it just yesterday that they needed me every step along the way? Wasn't it my hand that they reached for? Wasn't it me that they reached their arms up to and wanted to be held? Didn't I constantly hear "Mama, Mama, Mama" all day long?

Don't even get me started on Jeremy starting kindergarten in the fall because I just might lose it.

I'd like to think that we've done a good job in shaping their lives so far. It's still a work in progress (aren't we all?), but when they can play nicely with not only each other but friends, it's a true sign that we've done well in raising them. They're very well behaved, they're kind and considerate, they share and are overall good kids.

Some days it's just hard to believe they're not little babies anymore. But I guess they'll always be my babies. Guess I can live with that.

No comments: