Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Happy Birthday, Big Guy

Today is Jeremy's 5th birthday. As always, here's Jeremy through the years:

At the hospital
 
3 months
6 months
9 months
1 year old
18 months
2 years old
2.5 years old
3 years old (and sick)
3.5 years old
4 years old



5 years old

     




He's really come into his own this year. He's succeeding in school, he's a whiz at math (seriously, ask the boy to add stuff, and he can tell you. Ask him how many minutes until a specific time, and he can tell you.), he's doing very well at hockey for not even skating a year and cannot get enough of hockey. Really. The boy insists on watching hockey highlights on TV in the morning, much to Riley's dismay. He loves board games, from Chutes and Ladders to Memory to Trouble to Uno, he's an endless source of game playing.

We spent some of today doing all that he wanted to. We played games, we watched hockey, the kids built a fort, we went out for ice cream and then played some hockey outside. He chose his favorite dinner, which is pizza and bread sticks from a local pizza place. Of course it just so happens that Riley doesn't like that pizza, so she said for her birthday, she's picking food that Jeremy doesn't like. Good luck with that, as Jeremy eats pretty much everything!

I'm no longer ashamed to admit he's not my baby anymore. He's my guy. I'm so very blessed that I'm home with the kids. I've watched him and helped him become the boy that he is today. I'm there from breakfast to taking him to school to suiting him up for hockey to even coming home to play street hockey, it's me. He's really the best boy I could've hoped for. I'll always have the memories of him as a baby, but now my baby is 5. I love you, Big Guy.


No comments: