Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Riley on Skates!

I'm so terribly behind on here. One of these days I'll have time to be current on here. I recently took up another freelancing gig, which is great in the grand-scheme of things, but it doesn't allow for a lot of free time. Not that I had a lot of free time to begin with! Anyway...

Last month, Riley and her best friend Lauren went ice skating with their dads. They met in preschool and were lucky enough to be in the same kindergarten class last year. And I say lucky because the school the girls go to has 19 kindergarten classes! Crazy. Although they weren't in the same class this year, Lauren's mom and I have made sure the girls get together occasionally.

Lauren's mom and I are very close friends, and Lauren happens to have a younger brother who's just a few months younger than Jeremy. We all love getting together and catching up, so the moms and boys played and chatted while the dads and daughters went ice skating. The girls did this last year, and they had a great time again this year. We capped off the evening with some pizza at Lauren's house.

Riley and Lauren.
The girls.

Dad and daughter.

The girls being cautious.

Holding hands.

No comments: