Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Funny 2012

I wanted to capture some funny things the kids have been saying lately.

From Riley:

A few weeks ago, Jeremy had hockey practice on Sunday afternoon from 1-3, and Riley had indoor soccer from 11-12. So Phil took Riley, and I took Jeremy. It just so happened that it was a Packer playoff game day. And because of this, Jeremy and I took the long way home after practice, stopped for some food and arrived home at a leisurely time. I had texted Phil beforehand to let him know that I would be a little late.

So the boy and I arrive home, and Riley was practically in tears! She was worried about us! And why? Because Phil had been acting crazy during the game. She said he was throwing his hat, getting angry and punching the pillows on the couch.

She said she told him it was just a game, to which he replied, "NO IT'S NOT!"

Nice, huh?

---------------------

On a lighter note, the other night the kids were playing this game called Hulabaloo. Basically there are these different felt-shaped colorful pieces that you scatter on the floor, and then there's a disk that you push. The disk gives commands, such as step on a yellow or find a square. 

One of the commands was to take baby steps to a piece. Next thing I know I hear both kids walking normally but saying, "Wah, wah" like a baby. Guess that's their way of taking baby steps!

No comments: