Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Family Picture

Every year I ask both parents what they want for Christmas. Usually it's practical stuff, such as items for the kitchen, clothes or even books. This year all Dad wanted was a picture of all of us wearing hockey jerseys. And since C+D are now in Chicago, we could wait until the fall to take the picture. And all Mom really wanted was for me to make Christmas cards out of the picture.

For those of you lucky enough to receive one of these cards, I hope you enjoyed it. We took the pictures the day that Phil and I left for vacation. We set the camera on a timer and took the picture. I ended up cropping off the table in the bottom of the pictures. For those who didn't get a chance to see it, here are the two pictures from the shoot:

Our family.
The "fighting" picture.

We all had such a good time, and I forget whose idea it was to do a "fighting" picture. The one on Derek's camera came out better, but I have it saved on the other computer.

I love that my Dad had enough jerseys that none of us were wearing the same team. Jeremy is actually wearing his own jersey, and I was able to snag a Jeremy Roenick jersey. Dad has on the Penguins, Phil's kicking it old school with the Nordiques, Mom has the Devils, Derek is in the Senators, Riley has the Sabres and Casey has the Oiler's third jersey.


If this doesn't represent our family, I don't know what does!

No comments: