Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Day

I'm a little bummed today. OK, who am I kidding? I'm very disappointed. We received 8 inches of snow overnight. That in itself is way too much. (Note to C&D: I don't want to hear any cackling overseas about wearing sandals and shorts right about now....) But then to have Riley's preschool Christmas party canceled is disappointing. All district schools were canceled today, which means that there wasn't any preschool. I'm not sure as to when they'll reschedule the party since she doesn't have school for the next two weeks.

Riley was sad because this meant she couldn't see her "boyfriend" from preschool for a few weeks. Apparently he's become the apple of her eye, and she's constantly making pictures to take to him. He's also supposedly asked her to come to his birthday party in May. Ah, young love.

Anyway, instead of heading to work today, Phil spent 2 hours this morning shoveling. Better him than me! The kids got out in the fun after Phil was able to clear off the driveway, and everyone took turns throwing snowballs at each other. Me, I watched it all from the comforts of where Mother Nature intended for me to be: inside.

The kids in front of the house.

Jeremy the invincible.

Riley with her monster snowball.

2 comments:

LynnMSH said...

where's the snowblower? Oh wait, did Phil lose that too? ;) (Kidding Phil! I kid!)

Darcy said...

Oh my gosh, I totally needed that! I laughed out loud. No, the snowblower had an issue with starting. It didn't want to. Our trusty former neighbor came to our rescue today and got it started, though.