Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Preschool Thanksgiving

Last week (yes, I'm a week behind!) Riley had her Thanksgiving celebration at her preschool. The hats the kids made were simply adorable. The festivities began at 11:15 with the kids singing several songs. I never noticed how many girls are in her class, but from the pictures and video you can see for yourself.

Looking less than enthused.

A little happier.

After the kids sang, they had a late snack for the kids and families. It was a wonderful celebration. The kids even made drawings of what they're thankful for in their lives. Some of the kids had pretty funny items, from the letter E to recycling to their streets and teachers. My child was thankful for sun, grass and her brother Jeremy. I'm going to remind her of that whenever he's bothering her!


Sorry for all the videos, but Phil had to work and wanted to see what the kids did.



The first song of the celebration.




Song number two. Good use of the cowbell.



Song number three.



One of the last songs.

The rest of our Thanksgiving weekend was quiet for once. We stayed at home for the first time on Thanksgiving day, watching the parade and eating way too much food. Then the entire family braved Black Friday, again for the first time. We scored some great deals at Target and Meijer--the only two shops we attempted. And then on Saturday we celebrated Thanksgiving with my mom's extended side of the family where the kids played with my cousin's kids. We had a wonderful time, and both kids conked out on the ride home. It was fabulous to see great-grandpa, look at my cousin's ever-expanding belly (Kim, you are SO cute!), and to catch up with my other cousin who lives in California. She's going to visit Derek and Casey for Christmas, and although I'm jealous, I'm grateful that they will be surrounded by family during the holidays. And for that, I'm thankful.

No comments: