Thursday, November 27, 2008

Birthday Party Wrap-Up

I know it's been roughly 12 days since Riley's birthday party, but, as I've mentioned before, life tends to get in the way. I've had a huge deadline to deal with for work, and on top of that I got sick yesterday. We've had a bug going around the house, and have I said how much I hate cold weather? Bah humbug!

Anyway, Riley had a wonderful birthday party, and we appreciate everyone who was able to come. It was rather low-key, as are all of our parties. Guess that's what happens when your kids have birthdays during cooler-weather months--you can't really have a celebration outside.

Bella, Riley, Dad and Uncle Steve

The party didn't really have a theme. Riley tried to go for the third year of having a Princess party, but I convinced her to take a look at the party store with me to try to find an alternative. After determining that most of the options there were too young (Dora, Backyardigans, Elmo) or she was unaware of them (Hannah Montana, Bratz, High School Musical), we decided on no real theme. I gave her some choices on what type of cake, and this is what she chose:

Riley's cake of choice. I used a cake pattern from my late grandma
that my mom found. It included my grandma's handwriting, too.


We let everyone play and chat for awhile--all the guests at the party are regulars, so it was nice to catch up with everyone. I enjoyed getting some snuggles with my newest nephew who's 10 months old!

One nephew, Ethan.

Nephew number two, Caden.

Riley and Ethan eating.

We ate dinner and then opened presents. Riley was blessed by all the wonderful gifts, including the movie Enchanted, which Riley is opening below. I think Jeremy loves the movie just as much. Both kids enjoy hearing music from the movie, and Jeremy refers to it as "That's How You Know" based off one of the songs of the movie.

Opening Enchanted.

Opening her new coat. She loved the scarf more than anything!

Showing off said scarf.

We then had cake, and kids played, balloons were popped, and people started to leave. All in all, it was a wonderful party, and we thank everyone for all their presence/presents.
Sorry the video below is a little dark, but that's what happens when you turn down the lights!


No comments: