Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Mother's Day

As I downloaded pictures off the camera, I realized I never commented about my Mother's Day...two weeks after the fact!

It started off wonderfully--everyone let me sleep in. We had a delicious breakfast made by Dad and then opened presents. (Please ignore the fact that I'm still in pajamas--or that I'm wearing flannel pjs in May!)

Opening the present.

I have to give Phil tons of credit this year.
I didn't want him to spend a lot of money,
so he made a photo album with my favorite pictures of the kids.
And it's a recordable album, so he got the kids to say:
"Happy Mother's Day. We love you."


Which made me start crying!

After enjoying the newspaper and spending time with the family, we got in the car to meet up with my parents' at my favorite hot dog place. And yes, I wanted a hot dog on Mother's Day! My parents just got back from a road trip out East to Toronto, Boston and other parts of New England, so it was nice to catch up. Everyone had a wonderful time and ate rather well.

Nana and the kids.

The moms on Mother's Day.

We headed back on the road and decided to stop at the plant nursery. We were there with probably everyone else in the surrounding suburbs! The kids melted down a bit, so we gathered up our plants, waited in line for close to 20 minutes and headed home! I was able to spend a good 2 hours working in the garden, which made my day. Everything is planted and sprouting, so now we just wait for the crops to produce!

The evening was capped off with some DQ, because really, what doesn't say Mother's Day than a Blizzard? All in all, it was a wonderful Mother's Day, even if it was so long ago!


No comments: