Sunday, May 3, 2009

Spring is Here!

Sorry for the lack of posts. We've been busy, especially now that the weather is cooperating. We're spending much of our days outside, which is starting to sink in with the kids. Gone are the days where they spend time after naps/rest watching a movie. Instead, we throw on some shoes and head outside. It's been wonderful to get the garden planted/weeded, grass finally cut and breathing in the fresh, spring air.

Which makes me think fondly of why I so fancy springtime.

* Opening the windows and feeling a gentle spring breeze
* Hanging laundry outside, and then placing the sheets back on the bed. I tell you, there is no greater smell. Well, after a newborn baby's head smell. Oh and cookies straight from the oven.
* Cutting the grass. Seriously, I enjoy this task. It's twofold: exercise and time away from the kids. It's really a win-win.
* Planting a garden. I'm hoping we'll have a bountiful harvest this year. We have the seeds planted and some radishes, lettuce and peas have broken through the soil. We're crossing our fingers that we can plant the seedlings next weekend.
* Getting the kids outside. I know they complain about not watching their movies, but my kids were made to be outside. Just like their mama. I love fresh air. It wears everyone out; case in point, everyone slept in until 8:30 this morning! Wow!
* Smelling the beautiful flowers and lilac bushes. That is, when the bunnies decide to leave them alone.

So again, sorry for the lack of posts. We've just been enjoying the fact that spring has finally sprung. Let's just hope it sticks around.

1 comment:

mikedawnsnelgrove said...

I agree on the grass cutting - only mine is simply time away and dreaming of far away places!