Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Week, Almost Done

It's been a busy week. Tiring, but busy. I never realized how much Riley actually played with Jeremy until she was gone for the entire day. All that boy wants to do is play. On Monday we spent the day going on three walks, heading to the park, playing bat and ball, shooting baskets, kicking around the soccer ball and playing Frisbee. I think I was more tired than Riley was when she came home!

As for school, Riley is doing great. She loves every minute of it. She gets excited for the bus, and bounds off when she gets home. She's always brimming with news about how school went, and unfortunately some of that excitement wears off by the time Dad gets home.

She did tell me the other day that she needs another blanket for rest time. I asked her why and she said it's hard for her to scrunch up her feet and cover her legs with the blanket. I told her she didn't need another blanket. To which she replied:

"For real, Mom. I'm serious."

Geez. Let the teenage-speak begin.

And Jeremy, let's just say he's all boy. All the time. On Monday, while outside, he stopped playing and started laughing. I asked him what was so funny. He said:

"Me. I had gas and gas is funny."

All I can say is good luck to his preschool teachers!

1 comment:

C and D said...

Wow!! What a big step in your lives. Thanks for sharing these memories. Hopefully Uncle D is there this week to see her off. Wish I could be there, too. You have done very well raising that little girl. I'm so happy to her related to her!!! Miss you lots and see you soon!