Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Summertime

For those who know me, summer is my favorite time of year. I love being outside. I love open windows. I love running around without shoes on (although it does cause some dirty feet in the process). And I love having a garden, where we harvest food daily--sometimes the food doesn't even make it into the house as the kids eat the raspberries straight from the vine.

I have not, however, enjoyed the unseasonably cold temperatures. Phil has, though. As has our electric bill.

The average high in July was 69 degrees. Really?!

So it was a pleasant surprise that Mother Nature decided to allow the heat to return. The heat is on. It's on the street.

I've been taking the kids outside daily to bask in the warm weather. And it saddens me to know that school starts in just a few weeks. Yes, it does make me sad. Because it means that summer is waning. Case in point: at Walgreens yesterday, we saw a display for autumn items.

I know I'm behind in posting as to what we've been up to. With my brother and sister-in-law in town, Riley finishing up T-ball, taking trips to the zoo and just enjoying the unencumbered time before school starts, blogging has kinda taken a backseat. But I promise to keep you updates as to what we've been up to. Until then, just know that we're having a fantastic summer, despite the less-than-stellar weather.

No comments: