Monday, October 5, 2009

Saying Good-bye Part 2

When I started this little blog a year ago, my main goal was to keep family abreast as to what was going on in the life of the C household. One of my first posts was a tribute to my brother and his new wife and how they were going to begin their lives on the other side of the world. Our lives were all filled with exciting events, but the kids and I were beyond excited to have Casey and D back on American soil for awhile.

Unfortunately, we had to say good-bye to them once again, this time over Labor Day weekend. They were heading back to Lebanon on the Sunday during Labor Day weekend, so we made a point to spend most of the day hanging out at Mom and Dad's. Unfortunately Phil couldn't attend, as our nephew's birthday party was the same day down in Bloomington, which is a good 3-hour drive south. But the kids and I represented, enjoyed the beautiful day and created more lasting memories.

We began with a little "bat and ball," which according to my neighbor is not a common term. She explained to friends of hers that my kids play bat and ball with her kids, and her friends had no idea what that was! They couldn't understand why people didn't just call it baseball. I had never thought about it that way. Guess it's how I grew up. Dad took turns pitching to Derek and myself, while Riley amused herself with raking leaves. No joke. She is fascinated my raking leaves and Papa and Nana's. She asks several times a week when we can go back to their house to rake leaves, since they have so many large, mature trees. Guess our minuscule ones at our house don't suffice!

Enjoying some bat and ball.

Look at those flowing locks of hair.

Align CenterRiley insisted on raking the leaves.

Dad ready for some more pitching.

Casey decided to go for a walk with Riley around the block, and not to be outdone Nana decided to take Jeremy for a little bike ride. It was such a nice day, and I already long for that weather again. I am not ready for the frost we're supposed to receive this weekend! But I digress.

One of my favorite pictures: Riley with her favorite aunt.

Nana and Jeremy head off around the block.

My crazy, goofy, loving brother.

We enjoyed a delicious deep-dish pizza dinner, which I hope can tide D and C for awhile. I got the kids in their jammies, and we played some games with one of Uncle D's childhood friends, Jeff. We said our good-byes shortly before C and D needed to head to the airport, and the kids wished we could see them again soon. I told them we could send them pictures and cards and that we'd be able to talk to them on the phone. Surprisingly, I was lucky enough to talk to Uncle D just yesterday when he called to talk for a bit. It's always great to hear from them and hear the stories about life overseas. Thanks for making this summer memorable as always. (Casey, let me know if you want copies of any of the pictures.)

Who doesn't love a little Perfection?

The entire clan, minus Phil.

No comments: