Saturday, November 21, 2009

Belated Halloween Pictures

I should stop prefacing every blog post by saying that I'm so woefully behind. But I am. Here it is one week from Thanksgiving, and I'm finally posting Halloween pictures. *sigh* If only I had a few extra hours per day.

Who am I kidding? I'd probably use those extra hours to catch up on all the sleep I've missed out on in the last several years. Or find something meaningless on TV and veg for a few hours.

Anyway, as for Halloween, we had the pumpkins delivered to us by Papa and Nana about 6 weeks before Halloween. A big shout out goes to my uncle Ron for providing said pumpkins. So the vegetables sat on our front step for most of October, until we finally decided to carve them, oh the day before Halloween. Yeah, we're slackers in the real world, too!

As always, Phil cut open the top of the pumpkins and "allowed" me the honor of gutting the thing. He hates touching pumpkin seeds and the strings inside. What a wimp. And this was the first year we did two pumpkins.

Phil carving the pumpkin.

Cutting the face after I gutted the pumpkin.
At least Riley attempted to help touch the guts.

The kids and their masterpieces.
Hamming it up.

When Halloween arrived, we noted the weather was quite different from last year. Last year it was about 70-80 degrees, and poor Jeremy was sweating in his fleece costume. This year it was freezing, about 30-40 degrees. Some might say that's typical Halloween weather. I might complain.

Here are some pictures of the kids for Halloween. Jeremy actually had two costumes: a fireman and Woody from Toy Story. He opted for the Woody costume for a Halloween party at a friend's house and for preschool, but the night of Halloween he went with the fireman costume.

Say cheese!

Ready to brave the weather.

She's such a ham.

Jeremy flexing his muscles.

A neighbor lent Riley a handmade poodle skirt, and Riley went as a 50s girl. I'm not quite sure if she knew what that was, but she looked cute regardless. She wasn't allowed to wear the costume to school unlike Jeremy, so she was giddy to put it on.

We were supposed to go to houses with neighbors, but seeing as Halloween was on a Saturday, the kids were itching to go by 3 instead of 4:30 when we were to meet with our neighbors. I decided to take the kids out, and then found that Jeremy only wanted to go to 1/2 a block. Good thing I brought the wagon! We made it around the block and then he was done. Riley and I warmed up and then headed back out again.

The crowd was much smaller this year, I think in part to the cruddy weather. And then the following day was when I started feeling sick, garnering an ear infection, sinus infection and bronchitis! I'm just now feeling better, on November 21! I think next year Phil takes the kids out and I stay warm inside and hand out candy.

No comments: