Thursday, November 12, 2009

Childhood Memories

I've been feeling under the weather now for more than a week--I blame the bitter cold temperatures we had for Halloween (mental note: still need to post about that). I finally went to the doctor on Monday, and I was diagnosed with the trifecta: ear infection, sinus infection and bronchitis. Seriously, what adult gets an ear infection?! I'm loaded up on antibiotics, but today (Thursday) I called the doctor's office again because I'm still not feeling well. I have a horrible cough and haven't been able to hear out of my left ear since Saturday (I'm thinking that certain children are trying to get away with things since I can't hear that well). I got another prescription today, so we'll see if that works.

Anyway, add to my illness the fact that both kids were off school last week from Wednesday through the remainder of the week, add two kid doctor visits and a funeral, and it makes for one tired mom.

So who do you turn to in order to entertain the children for a few minutes? Ah yes, the Internet! And in honor of Sesame Street turning 40 years old (how crazy is that?!), I've found a few of my favorite Muppet/Sesame Street clips online. And of course the kids love them. So I thought I'd share:

(I'm not sure how to attach the YouTube files, so just click on the titles below for some entertainment. Oh, and since I've shown the kids the videos, they've been asking daily to view them.

Manamanah

Dance Myself to Sleep

Ernie and Bert Go Fishing

Near and Far


No comments: