Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Six Years Ago Today

This time, six years ago I was a mom for the first time. While eating dinner last night Phil and I were reminiscing as to what we were doing six years ago. He said we were watching The Wizard of Oz and I said he was eating Portillos while I was left eating ice chips and Jolly Ranchers!

Riley entered the world at 12:44 AM on Monday, November 17, 2003. It's so crazy to think it's been six years. Some days it seems like it should be more than six years and other days six years seems too short of time.

When she was at school, the boys and I flipped through her scrapbook of her first three years of life. From pictures with Uncle D to spending a month living at Mom and Dad's before we closed on our house, from celebrating holidays with family members to becoming a big sister, the photos sure brought back a lot of memories.

We're celebrated her birthday with a bunch of her friends on Saturday (pictures to come, I swear!), and we're having family members over on Saturday. Happy birthday to my baby girl, my sweetheart. I love you so very much.

Riley's kindergarten picture from school.
Where did my baby girl go?

1 comment:

C and D said...

Happy Birthday Riley!!! We Love you!!!!!!