Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

The kids are either coloring or doing puzzles while we await Papa and Nana's arrival. Surprisingly they haven't been pestering us too much yet about opening the presents. And yes, we're mean by making them wait until after lunch. But they did get to open their Santa gifts, in which they received coloring items, Princess and Cars stuff and Jeremy received a brand-new bike. (Some assembly might have caused a few curse words.)

I'm blessed to have such a wonderful and caring family. Sure, our year was filled with ups and downs, fights and kisses, but through it all, no matter what kind of day I'm having, I know that everyone in this house loves me and cares for me. We may not have the financial means to provide everything for our children, but that doesn't matter. We may not be able to go on fancy vacations or buy the latest gadgets, but does that make us bad parents? I'd like to think not.

Not a day goes by where Jeremy or Riley don't tell us they love us. And you know what? That's pretty cool. Oftentimes Jeremy will get down from the table and come over to give us a hug. That's so special.

We've tried this year to instill more religion into our lives. I originally wanted to get the kids involved in church so that Jeremy would enter Sunday School and spend some time away from me. I was hoping that would ease the transition into preschool a little better. But now church has blossomed, becoming more important in our lives. Phil volunteers in the Sunday School classroom. Riley has been singing Christmas carols all month. She misses seeing her friends from church. And church has become vital to my spirit, boosting me more than I can really explain. Many times the songs touch me in a way that make me cry.

The spirit most certainly is alive and well. Blessings to all on this Christmas day. May you enjoy time thinking about or being with loved ones today, wherever they may be. Thank you all for being such a vital part of my life. I am eternally blessed. Merry Christmas!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Darcy! It was fun visiting your blog today. Seeing all the love, acceptance, humor and gratitude in your family is awesome!

Darcy said...

Thanks, Marcia! Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas. Wishing you all a happy new year and hope to see you soon!