Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bowling!

Thanks to Riley's perfect attendance in kindy, she was awarded a free 2-hour bowling session for up to 6 people. Well, our little family only has 4, so we surprised the kids and took them bowling before school started. (Yes, I realize school has been in session for a while now, but I just realized I never posted the pics or video.) We had originally planned to take the kids downtown to see Phil at work, but due to crazy schedules and meetings, it didn't pan out. Instead, we went bowling.

Preparing for battle.

Riley had been bowling before at a birthday party, but this was J's first time. And let me tell you, things have changed quite a bit since I went bowling! Now, they can automatically activate the bumpers for the kids, and that was wonderful (although J did cause the attendant to come out twice when he got his ball stuck on the actually bumper).

Riley in action.

Ready to bowl.

J's turn.

Dad and the kids.

Everyone had a really great time, although J spent most of the time having to use the bathroom since he thoroughly enjoyed the free lemonade we received as part of the deal. And Phil didn't appreciate how much I kicked his booty, since we both can be a tad competitive. But that's OK--I think I only won by 40 in the last game. But who's counting.... :)







Again, forgive the sideways video.


No comments: