Friday, September 24, 2010

I Can See Clearly

So for those who don't know, I wear contacts. I woke up last week, went into the bathroom, and proceeded to put them in. Well, I must've blinked one of them out, and it landed somewhere in the bathroom. I didn't hear it hit the sink or floor, so I thought it must have fallen on my clothes or the bathroom rug. I scoured the floor, closing my non-contact eye (I'm pretty blind thanks to my dad's vision!), but I couldn't find it.

I pulled out my spare contact and popped it in, so I could go downstairs and get the kids breakfast. I went back upstairs after breakfast and looked again. I figured it couldn't have gone far, and I didn't hear a "crunch" if I stepped on it (I wear hard contacts). Low and behold, I found it on a towel near the bathtub. So I cleaned it up and popped it back in my eye.

All day I noticed that my eye was hurting a bit more than normal. I thought maybe the missing contact had some dirt on it from the towel or a scratch from flying out of my eye. I went upstairs and popped out the contact. And what did I find?

The spare contact had also been in my eye the entire day. Yeah, so I had two contacts in the same eye. Needless to say my eye felt a whole lot better afterward. And no I can see things the way they were meant to--my way. :)


No comments: