Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ah Summertime

I wish I could say that the living is easy in the summertime, but it's been anything but, as evidence by my lack of posting. I knew this summer would be more challenging than the ones in years' past, but this one is certainly taking the cake. The kids are both getting on each others' nerves (and mine at times!) by doing things to antagonize the other (something I know D and I did on more than one occasion...), Phil is working from home all the time, and the weather has been way too hot for us to even burn any energy off outside. The kids are outdoor kids, yet the excessive heat has even been too much for me to bear, and I LOVE the heat and summer!

But now we have about 6 weeks left of summer, and I know I'm going to miss the kids. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to be all smiles when they board that bus for the first day, but it's been fun having them around most of the time. We've headed to the zoo together, visited baby Jack (seriously, he is one cute kid!), went to the Sox game for the first time, gone to soccer/hockey/baseball together, headed up to Wisconsin to visit our cousins, gone to the pool and just hung out. I love them dearly, and I keep reminding myself that this will not last. I don't have many years left of "making" them come with me all the time. I'm trying to cherish this time together. The times they want to sit on my lap even though they have their wet swimsuits on, the times when they want to play a game with me on the floor, the time they want to help me make dinner. It's not always going to be this way.

Before I get too mushy, why don't I dump a few pics of the kids on here. Maybe one of these days I'll be a little better about posting, but for now I'm off to enjoy a cold beer while the kids are in bed.

Mother's Day at Mom and Dad's.

My little soccer star.

Memorial Day with my girl.

Kids with Uncle D.

The fam (minus Casey who wasn't feeling well) for Memorial Day.

My other soccer star with Papa and Nana.
 

No comments: