Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Little Bro Got Married--Two Weeks Ago

My little brother and his bride.
Ever since I married my husband, I had hoped my brother would find someone special, too. (Although my mom wished it more than me!) He's always been the more adventurous one, as evidence by his two (yes, two) tours of the Peace Corps, his gallivants throughout Europe and North America. Me, I haven't set foot out of the country in quite a few years, and venturing on the plane two weeks ago for my little brother's wedding was the first time I've been in the sky since before kids! That's more than 6 years! Meanwhile, my brother's probably been on a plane six times just this year.

Anyway, he met the love of his life in a desolate country in Europe: Moldova. And Casey (his bride) is the sweetest, most compassionate, most loving person. I don't think Derek could've found a better match.

Since they're off yet again to new-found adventures, this time in Lebanon, they wanted to get married before they left. They tied the knot on Aug. 16 in a beautiful sunset ceremony in her parents' backyard.

It was simply magical. Very "them" as seen by their personal vows, the casual affair (my brother wore sandals and a hat) and the full moon the ceremony set under.

May the two of you grow together, say you love each other daily, and bask in the glow knowing that those you touch are affected by you. We love you.

No comments: