Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas Eve and Morning

We don't have many Christmas traditions due to fluxuating schedules. We never really know where we'll be celebrating the holidays. But Phil really wanted to read The Night Before Christmas to the kids on Christmas Eve, so that's what he did.

Dad reading to his captive audience.

Jeremy's attention span is waning.

Since I'm new to this whole Santa thing (my parents never really "made" me believe in Santa, and I don't even really remember him being present in the house. So Phil helped me figure it out with the cookies/milk and then we had reindeer food given to us by the Parent/Tot center. Jeremy was so excited. We tucked the kids into bed, and Phil, er, Santa wrote the kids a note and left them presents under the tree.

Opening one of their Santa presents.

Santa left the kids coloring books.*

*OK, so like I said, I'm new to this whole Santa thing. Riley saw the same coloring books "Santa" got them while we were at Meijer and she pointed them out. I said, yeah, that's where we bought them for you. She told me Santa got them for her. I quickly amended my story and said I told Santa that we saw the coloring books at Meijer and he should see if he has some like those for our kids. Nice, Darce.

No comments: