Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mama's Boy

Today was a hard/sad day. I signed Jeremy up for preschool this fall. *sigh* He's growing up. Faster than I think Riley did, only because Riley was in daycare for her first 2.5 years. With him, he's been around me from the beginning. And things are harder when it comes to him. I have never denied that he's my baby. He's my mama's boy through and through. And I love it. I love being needed and wanted. In a way that a child needs you.

I know it's not as if he'll be attending kindergarten in the fall like his big sister, but I have a feeling that the day I drop him off at preschool will be harder than taking Riley to the bus stop. Who knows, though. I have about seven months before I really have to *deal* with that.

From the minute he entered the world,
that colicky boy didn't stop crying for three months!

Look at how peaceful he slept, though.

And now, my handsome man. Who wouldn't love this face?

2 comments:

LynnMSH said...

I happen to think he's pretty handsome myself! And such a little snuggle bug to boot!

I CAN NOT believe you signed him up for school already. *SOB*

TrishaKrull said...

That's how I treat Kyle. There is just something w/having a son. They just can't do any wrong. I just signed Kyle up for preschool and you'd think I was sending him off to college (don't even get me started there). J is so darn cute!! Let's get the kids together soon.