Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas Part 2 of 5

I hope to have these all posted before spring actually hits. Ha!

Our second Christmas occurred on Christmas day when we drove down to my grandpa's near Bloomington. It was a nice 2.5-hour drive, but the kids did great in the car. We got there around lunchtime and had a delicious potluck lunch. We provided the rolls and salad. Riley ate more than I've seen her eat in a long time, and Jeremy couldn't get enough of the infamous egg rolls. I think he ate enough for Uncle D.

After lunch, we gathered around to sing Christmas carols, which is something I remember doing back in grandma and grandpa's old house. Cousin Lily would play at the piano and grandma would lead the songs.

Jeremy singing with Nana while
cousins Jason and Caleb sat nearby.



Surveying the crowd.

Anyway, we sang the songs and then my kids insisted on helping hand out the presents. They really missed playing with my cousin's two boys, but since my cousin was too close to her due date, her family stayed in Wisconsin for Christmas.

Grandpa with all his presents. My dad said next year
he's going to say he doesn't want any presents,
since that's what grandpa said and he received the most!


Riley helping give grandpa his presents.

As always, we had a wonderful time.
I helped my cousins work on a 1,000-piece puzzle (we didn't get much accomplished) and the kids had fun playing with Nana. Grandpa even got in on the game by playfully grabbing the kids' stuffed animals away from them.

We left around 5 and headed home. It was a long day, but it was filled with wonderful family


The kids with grandpa. The hat grandpa is wearing is the same hat
my brother wore at his wedding. He gave it to grandpa for Christmas.

1 comment:

C and D said...

Hi Darce! I just caught up on all the winter posts. You are so lucky to have such a fun, loving family. I know it's not always perfect, but your stories and pictures show nothing by love. Hopefully we'll get our Jordan pics up on our blog soon. Stay tuned! Lots of love!!! Casey