Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy Birthday, Great-Grandpa!

My great-grandpa had a birthday today. The big 9-2. Yes, isn't that wonderful? And yet we had the worst weather for it! The regular temperature this morning (no, not the wind chill) was -17. Yeah, that's not so much fun. The school district canceled classes, but Riley didn't have school anyway. Phil decided to work from home. And what did I do? I took the kids to the library for storytime and to pick up some fruit at the store.

Funny thing about storytime is that we were the only ones in there! Nice, huh? Nothing like having my kids' behavior put on the spot. They did pretty well, though.

And then later today I called grandpa to wish him a happy birthday, which I enjoyed as much as he did. He hears so well and is doing very well, in my opinion. My mom is going to visit him this weekend, and hopefully bring back warmer weather!

No comments: