Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bible School

Once swimming lessons completed, Riley was signed up to begin Bible school at our friends' church. She had been attending for the previous two years, so I decided to have her go again this year. I opted not to send J, mainly for the fact that I didn't think he'd do well with the separation. I had sent Riley when she was 3, but she also had been in daycare and our friends' daughter was in her class. (Plus, he's my boy, and I'm already having a hard enough time with the fact he's going to be in preschool next month!)

Anyway, Riley really enjoyed it. They only had it go for four days this year since the 3rd of July landed on a Friday and they figured most people would spend a long weekend out of town. So on the last day, the kids performed their songs for the parents.

Riley going through the motions.

Riley singing more songs.

Some of the kids.

Riley loved that some of the helpers remembered her from last year. She did great, as always, and actually cried on the last day.

1 comment:

mikedawnsnelgrove said...

We enjoyed having Riley there too....even if it took all week for my kids to even say hello. I swear - does this mean their teenage years they won't stop talking???!!!