Wednesday, July 22, 2009

T-Ball with Papa and Nana

Don't get too used to the multiple postings! I had one freelance gig end, so I'm inbetween projects at the moment. Plus, the kids and I are heading over to my parents' tomorrow to see Uncle D and Casey, who just arrived from Lebanon earlier this week! We haven't seen them since last August, so we're just a tad giddy to see them.

Anyway, earlier this month Papa and Nana came out to see Riley play a T-ball game. Who would've thought that during July we'd all be wearing pants and sweatshirts?! I swear, Mother Nature owes me a few 90+-degree days. She and I need to have a talk.

Jeremy always enjoys playing with Papa and Nana, and this time he had someone to kick a soccer ball (or in this case a plastic golf ball) around. I know Riley enjoyed having them watch her in the stands.

Riley working on her swing.

Getting some help from Coach Dave.

Posing for the camera.

Ready to hit the ball.

A funny story, is that last week, Grandma Jill came out to watch Riley play. The team they were playing against was coached by her old soccer coach. I guess he remembered her, and how well she played. Coach Dave (Riley's current coach) came over to me at practice this past Monday and said, "So I hear you're a hell of a soccer player and that Riley isn't too bad either." I told him I was OK back in the day. It reminded me of Riley's last soccer game when she scored the last goal of the season. He asked if Riley was playing soccer now, and I said no because we wanted her to try something else. She's already told me, though, that she likes soccer better, but of course I didn't tell the coach that!


No comments: