Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Breather

With several weeks under our belt, I'd say that we're into a nice swing of things. I still need to take the pictures off the camera of Jeremy's first day of school (poor neglected second child), and talk about how traumatic preschool has been for him (and for me), but after several classes down, he seems to be doing better. As do I. I'm taking the time for myself, which is something I haven't done ever since I quit my job to stay home with the kids. And although it's just a few hours a week, it makes a world of difference.

I've taken up running. Yes, me. I still hate it (seriously, do you ever see runners actually happy? I mean, running isn't even a sport--it doesn't take skill. It takes stamina. But I digress.). But it's getting my blood pumping and not making me feel like such a couch potato. I took the time on Friday to go donate blood. My 36th donation, thankyouverymuch. And I'll brag some more and say that my blood pressure was 102/76. That's right. See what happens when I don't have kids around.

Don't get me wrong: I still miss the kids dearly. And I'm giddy to get Jeremy from preschool two times a week. But that time away is long enough to allow me to recharge. And maybe watch a few television shows (in between the time I spend cleaning) that aren't very child friendly!

I had planned to work on my freelancing a bit while the house was empty, but my freelancing gigs have dried up a bit. I'm still searching around for more jobs, but like most regular job markets, the pickings are slim. But I'll keep looking and hoping for the perfect job that allows me to continue doing what I love. Until then, I'll just enjoy those few hours a week. Until a school break occurs!

1 comment:

Lucky1304 said...

LOL. I often see runners with smiles on their faces (even in the middle of winter!). I've always thought it was kind of funny. I can get pretty happy about an hour or two of uninterrupted (quiet!) time to myself! :)