Monday, September 28, 2009

Jeremy's First Day of Preschool

Uncle D reading a bedtime story to Riley and Fiona (the cat).

We were blessed to have Uncle D spend a night out at our house, and it just so happened that the following day was on Jeremy's first day of school. I think it softened the blow of him actually going, because he was so excited and ready to get on his backpack. Jeremy, not Uncle D.

Posing with Uncle D before school.

Jeremy is starting to show his fear.

Being silly with Uncle D.

Two kids ready for school.

We took Riley to the bus stop and then hopped in the car to take J to school. It was then that he actually realized that he was going to school and that D and I were going home. He put up a little bit of a fight getting out of the car. And although Riley went to the same preschool, I was not pleased with how the teachers approached him on his first day.

The class technically started two days prior, but I'm only sending Jeremy two times a week, on Wed. and on Fri. The teachers made no effort to introduce themselves to him, nor did they attempt to help me pry Jeremy off of me. I basically said to one of the teachers, "Here, Will you take him?" And I could hear him crying as I left the room. I'm grateful for having Derek's shoulder to lean on, as the whole Jeremy entering preschool was definitely a lot harder than I thought it would be.

But wouldn't you know that the time that Jeremy was at school just flew by? I put Derek to work by fixing our master closet shelves, which he actually volunteered to do. Then we went to pick up Jeremy, who was beyond excited to see us. He did tell me that he didn't cry much after we left.

We enjoyed some lunch, and then Uncle D and Jeremy enjoyed some Frisbee, which both boys just love. And not to leave Riley out, D met her at school and had lunch with her. Riley tends to be a slow eater, and Derek said he'd race her to finish her food first. And it worked!

Jeremy enjoying his Frisbee throw.

Two boys playing Frisbee.

Just before rest time, we bid adieu to Uncle D, knowing that in a few short days we'd see him again, along with Casey, for their farewell at Papa and Nana's.

No comments: