Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Olympic Fever

Jeremy has really gotten into the Olympics. Of course it took me the better part of an entire day for me to explain to him what the USA was and why they don't play the Blackhawks and why Patrick Kane is on a different team than Jonathan Toews, Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook. It's been a challenge, but he's had some funny comments.

Yesterday I thought the USA hockey team was playing at 11, so after lunch, I turned on the TV to see if the game was on. Much to my displeasure, there was curling on. Jeremy took one look at the curling and asked me if I knew what they were doing. I said I didn't really understand the game, and he said he didn't either, just that they were doing a lot of sweeping.

I finally found out that the game was on at 2, so we turned the TV off until then. When I turned it on, I asked Jeremy to come over to the TV and tell me who was on there talking about hockey. I kid you not, the kid took one look at the TV and shouted, "Jeremy Roenick!"

Now our Jeremy was introduced to Jeremy Roenick on TV for the New Year's Day hockey game. That's the only time he's ever seen him on television. The kid had a memory that's quite remarkable. Let's hope that when he gets older and needs to memorize things for school, he can be just as able.

No comments: