Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Teeth

Jeremy was lucky enough to have a dentist appointment yesterday. Unfortunately, I couldn't get Riley in until next month. I don't want to take her out of school just for a cleaning. And of course the office is booked this Friday and Monday when the kids don't have school. Go figure.

Anyway, the big guy did fantastic! I was so proud of him. He opened when he needed to, didn't flinch at all, and even let the hygienist put fluoride on his teeth. He was a total rock star. I love our dentist office, and on a side note, the hygienist went to my high school and I graduated with her brother. It was so funny the first time I sat in the chair. She was like, "Did you play basketball in high school? Did you go to Maine South?" So now I look forward to catching up with her about anything and everything.

And backing up, Riley lost her first tooth way back on Christmas Day. She had been concerned for awhile in that she hadn't lost a tooth. I think she was actually one of the last few kids in her class!

Her new tooth was coming in first before the baby tooth was loose. The baby tooth was pretty wiggly for a few days, and on Christmas Eve I was about ready to rip that thing out of her mouth! She was being pretty whiny and crabby. We were hoping that she would lose her tooth on Christmas Eve so that the Tooth Fairy and Santa could share a ride, but no such luck. And since the Tooth Fairy couldn't hit up the ATM on Christmas Day, Riley scored a $5. Lucky girl. We told her that it was a special occassion and to not expect $5 for every tooth.

Riley with her missing tooth on Christmas.

And you know what? Riley has a field trip coming up later this month, and I told her I had to ask Dad if he had $5 on him since I had used my last one at the grocery store. She said she had her $5 tooth fairy money that I could use. I told her that's her money to spend, and that Mom and Dad would take care of the school stuff. How sweet is that?

No comments: