Thursday, February 4, 2010

Civic Duty

I apologize to those of you who already heard this on Facebook, but it was funny enough to share here, too.

On Tuesday, I did my civic duty and voted in the primary election. I will tell you, until 2004, I never voted. (She hides her head in shame.) I never thought it was important. And quite frankly, I didn't want to run the risk of getting called for jury duty. But when my brother left the country, he made me promise to vote on his behalf. So I did. And it made the husband glad, too, since he's quite the political buff.

So back to Tuesday. I took Jeremy with me, and we voted at our church (which, for the record, confused the heck out of the boy, who insists we only go to church on Sundays). I had prepped him beforehand about how he went with me a little over a year ago to vote for the president.

It was quiet when we got there, I received my ballot, Jeremy cooperated and didn't ask too many questions. Just as we were leaving, though, he turned to me and asked me:

"Where is Barack Obama?"

The people working at the polls sure got a kick out of it. As did I.

No comments: