Friday, January 29, 2010

Testing, one, two three...

*Ahem*

Is this thing on?

Yeah, sorry for the delay. I have so much to say and post, but the time seems to go by too fast. Or then in a day like today when Jeremy is at school most of the morning, all I did was catch up on the DVR and work on cross-stitching Riley's Christmas stocking. (It's all part of my goal to take time for myself.) I've been enjoying the down time, and I've made a vow to not turn on my computer until around 3 each day. It's helped me spend more time with Jeremy especially (that kid is a serious pro at Uno), and not make me so stressed. I still feel that I'm on it too much in the evening, but I need to fulfill my 15-hour per-week work requirement. But I have been making time for my husband as well--we actually had date night last weekend! The sad news is that by 9 pm, we were both ready to go home. My, how times have changed!

I want to update here more often, especially since I've somewhat dropped the ball on updating the kids' baby books. But for now, this little "tease" post will have to do. I'm off to the parents' house tomorrow for a little R&R. I'm not bringing my laptop, which means that Phil could get started on the taxes, if he so desires. We're still awaiting two pieces of documentation, and knowing our luck, they'll arrive after this weekend.

I always try to leave a little something funny in my posts, so I'll include this: I told the kids that I'm spending tomorrow night over at Papa and Nana's, to which Riley asked:

"When can I go to Papa and Nana's to get away from the kids?"

Kids. They keep you laughing, that's for sure.

No comments: