Sunday, February 28, 2010

Reflections

I've been thinking lately about how much the kids have grown. I notice it especially when I pick up Jeremy and realize that is legs no longer fit snugly into my arms. I notice it when Riley focuses so diligently on coloring. And I suppose every mother, at one time or another, realizes that her children have suddenly morphed into little people. Well, I guess suddenly isn't the word. But now that we're creeping upon Jeremy's 4th birthday (!!), I find that I'm missing the baby years more and more.

We have very dear friends of ours who are in the midst of adopting a little boy, and I was blessed enough to attend the baby shower last weekend. And to see all the little boy clothes and toys did make me a little sentimental. I wonder if that will ever go away.

At the same time, I am really enjoying the ages of the kids now...for the most part. Riley spends most of her time coloring, drawing, reading or playing numerous games of Uno. Jeremy enjoys playing with his race cars every day and covering the floor with puzzles. I know I'm going to miss these days. I really am. I already tear up when I think about Jeremy starting kindergarten, and I still have another year of him at home.

And looking at these pictures doesn't help.

Riley and Dad circa spring '04.

Riley enjoying her 3-month-old brother.

Look at the eyes on those kids.
Sigh. That's all I can say.









No comments: