Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Finally!

So before Riley was born, I used to be crafty and creative. I made numerous friends counted cross stitch wedding announcements and decorative hanging pieces. But since we were blessed with children, my crafty side got pushed aside. That is, until right after Christmas.

When we pulled out all the Christmas decorations, I stumbled across the stocking I began for Riley, oh, back when she was an infant. Life just got in the way, and I stopped working on it. But seeing how incomplete it was, and how beautiful it would become, I decided to make it my goal and finish it. And here is the final product:


Believe it or not, I'm actually almost done with one for Jeremy. I let him pick out the design he wanted (sorry to Riley for not letting her do the same, and I let Phil pick out the above design). A special thanks to my mom for helping me assemble the stocking, too! It sure is nice to have some time on my hands--I could get used to this. Now remind me of this when I'm mourning both kids being in school in a few years!

No comments: