Friday, May 21, 2010

Yet More Hockey

Sorry to bore everyone with more hockey references, but with the Blackhawks still in the playoffs, the kids have full-fledged hockey fever. And here's Jeremy's latest contribution:

He has two Blackhawks shirts--one with Kane's name on the back and another black one with the team's logo on it. He tries to wear one of the two shirts every day, but even with our latest purchase of an HE-efficient washing machine (which I LOVE!), I'm not about to do laundry every day.

Yesterday he wanted to wear his Kane shirt. I kindly reminded him that the Blackhawks play tonight, so it would be best to wear the shirt today. He agreed, and then he proceeded to look through his closet for something to wear.

He pulls out an orange shirt, non-hockey-related, and decides he's going to wear it. Why? Because it has #36 on it, which, according to Jeremy, is Dave Bolland's number. And since he got slashed during the game by Thornton, he wanted to wear the shirt. And yes, Jeremy did say all that. I let the kids watch the NHL Network Wednesday morning before school so they could see highlights of the game since it didn't start until 9 pm.

Oh, and I'm signing him up for hockey/skating in the next few weeks. I better harness this enthusiasm while I can!

No comments: