Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mom's Birthday

I've come to the conclusion that my birthday is no longer super important. Ever since Jeremy entered the world just three days before mine, I've realized that it's hard to trump a child's birthday.

Add to the fact that I failed to help anyone determine what to buy me this year, and you have a pretty uneventful day. I will give the family credit, though, for a truly wonderful day. I was able to sleep in until 9 (and for the record, I could've slept longer, but the kids were getting hungry, and we wanted to do a nice family breakfast), Phil took the kids out for a bit, I got a nice afternoon nap in, and I made sure I didn't have to freelance that evening so I could enjoy the Blackhawks game.

Of course we had to open presents. And Jeremy knew what to get me. He said he knew that I wanted two things: a hockey stick and a baby. Ha! Guess which one I got?

What could it be?

I also received a Blackhawks shirt to match Jeremy's.
It's a Kane shirt, and I feel so weird wearing a T-shirt
of a kid who is about 10+years younger than me!


Uncle D and Casey even ordered a cookie bouquet, which was delicious. D had sent me a link to an article about turning the age I did, and the cookies he sent conveyed the article's point. I would've loved to have seen the look on the cookie decorator's face when he/she had to ice that, though!

It reads: U Totally Outlived Jesus.

Love the apostrophe in my name!

All in all, it was a wonderful day. I just wish we didn't get older on our birthdays!

No comments: