Friday, August 20, 2010

Family Reunion

Every year, my extended family tries to get together for a family reunion. We live all over the continent, not to mention my brother and sis-in-law live on the other side of the world, so it's usually quite a feat to get us all together. Unfortunately we celebrated the gathering before C+D arrived back in the states, so we settled with a few people from Canada and a bunch from Illinois.

Riley loves washing dishes.
I know, it's weird, but I'll embrace it.


The kids usually have a great time playing with my cousin's kids from Wisconsin, but they couldn't make it this year. Jeremy was able to round up some relatives to play some (wait for it....) hockey. Surprise, surprise. But one of my relatives from Canada, who has some moves himself, said that Jeremy is pretty good. That's nice to hear.

Jeremy playing with my Canadian uncle.

Jeremy tries to steal the puck/ball.

He shoots and tries to score!

Another uncle got in on the game.

The kids with my Canadian relatives.
Phil and I share an anniversary date with them.


I feel very grateful to have a grandparent still living. Grandpa is 93 and still enjoying his family. I really enjoy attending the gatherings and catching up with family. I love having such a large extended family, as they mean the world to me. I'm glad that I can share the love with the kids as well.

Most of the family. I think we were missing 10-12 family members.

No comments: