Thursday, August 26, 2010

Words from a Little Boy

I took J to the doctor yesterday because he's had this nasty cough for 10 days now. Phil convinced me to call the doc, which he did, so I took the little guy after Riley's first day of first grade began (sniff, sniff). While in the waiting room, Jeremy commented that there weren't a lot of toys like on the other side (the doctor's office has a sick side and a well side). I explained to him that there weren't a lot of toys on the sick side because they didn't want any germs to get on the toys. To which he replied:

"But when will we go on the five side? And where's the seven side?"

-----------------------------------------------

And for our hockey reference of the day, the shirt he had on that day said Surf Dude and the #36 on it. I asked him if he knew what the shirt said. He said no. I told him that it said Surf Dude. To which he replied:

"No, Mom, it's Surf Dude Dave Bolland."

Who, I'm sure you can guess, is number 36 for the Blackhawks. Nice.


No comments: