Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Number 9

So today is the anniversary of the wedding. Hard to believe it's been nine years since I married the husband. I joke with him quite a bit that he needs to let me know when we're done with this whole marriage thing, but at least he humors me. We've had some bumps in the road, probably no more than any other couple, and I'm grateful for the little life we've created. If you would've asked me on our wedding day if I'd ever be a stay-at-home mom, I would have laughed. If you would have told me that we'd be blessed with two healthy children, one of each, I probably would've smiled and thought that was nice. If you would've told me I lived far away from the city yet my husband works downtown, I would've been sad that we couldn't live in my hometown.

Yes, life isn't always what we planned it to be. But that's what shapes us into the people we are. I'm grateful for the chance to stay home with the kids and still freelance. I'm thankful that our kids are healthy and that we have one of each gender. I'm glad that we have such a beautiful, large home where we do and have such wonderful neighbors. And I'm blessed to have married the man that I did, who has helped me create our happy little home.

And here's a little trip down memory lane. The kids enjoyed looking through our wedding album tonight, and I think they understood what an anniversary is. Riley even made us each a card, saying that she loves us. And she made bookmarks for each of us to use. What a sweetheart. We were blessed by numerous cards/gifts/phone calls/emails today that made us so very thankful. Thank you to each and every one of you who are a part of our lives. We love you all!

Saying our vows. Phil only screwed up once. :)

Taken outside the church sanctuary.

One of my favorite pics. The three of us got married within
4 months of each other, and now between the three of us, we have 9 kids!

Traditional wedding pic.

I am so proud of this picture: it's my mom's side of the family,
and sadly the last time we were all together.
Family came from all over the country and Canada to attend the wedding.

2 comments:

mikedawnsnelgrove said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! Have you started the 10 year trip plan yet?

Darcy said...

We're trying to figure out when/where to go. I'm guessing it'll be during the school year so whomever gets the honor of watching the kids won't have to entertain them most of the day. :)