Thursday, December 30, 2010

Jeremy's Christmas Program

I was lucky enough to be able to attend Jeremy's preschool Christmas program, but unfortunately I couldn't make it to Riley's since it was in the afternoon and siblings aren't invited. Jeremy's class put on a wonderful performance, and since Phil couldn't make it, I took plenty of pictures and video.
Smiling for Mom.




They were singing "This Little Light of Mine".
Showing off his reindeer antlers.
I personally couldn't wait to give Jeremy's preschool teacher her Christmas present. She was the same teacher that Riley had, and she shares a similar love for the Blackhawks. In fact, she called Riley and left a message on our machine right after Riley "graduated" her class and the "Yuckies" (Red Wings) had beaten the Blackhawks in the playoffs. And once I told her that Jeremy was named after one, she was thrilled.


As for her present, I started it over the summer after finding the pattern on eBay. I was really hoping that she'd still be his teacher and not decide to retire. Well, we lucked out and got her for another year. And we couldn't be happier. J and I stuck around after the concert and snacks, and we made her open the present before we left.


She almost started crying right then and there. I said that now she won't forget us when Jeremy is done, and I said not that she would, but now she can't. She was so touched. I know it will be something she'll treasure. She's a wonderful teacher, and I cannot say enough wonderful things about Miss Betty.


My pride and joy--it's counted cross-stitched.
I wish Jeremy wasn't looking away, but this is Miss Betty.

No comments: