Monday, December 6, 2010

Thinking of C+D

The kids have had their moments of late. We've had a very busy few days, with festivals, church programs and Christmas decorating. But they both said some cute things this weekend that I thought were important enough to post.

Both kids were pretending to go on vacation yesterday. They had backpacks and stuffed animals ready for the trip. I asked Riley where they were going, to which Riley said they were going to a water park, Lebanon and Boston. I'm not sure there are too many kids (or adults) nowadays who would say they're going to Lebanon for vacation!

Today Jeremy and I were running some errands, and he was spelling signs of stores that we passed. Then I asked him to spell his name and Riley's. I asked if he knew what our last name started with, and he said a C. I said, here's a tough one, how do you spell Uncle D's name?

He had a puzzled look on his face and said he didn't know. I said "D. But do you know what his real name is?

Jeremy's response? "Uncle."

So C+D, we're thinking about you two and how warm you must be as we braved the negative wind chills this morning at the bus stop. :)

No comments: