Saturday, April 25, 2009

Easter...Finally

Sorry for the delay in getting this posted. Easter was roughly 13 days ago, and I'm finally getting around to posting about it!

The day began with the kids searching for eggs in the house. This is a new tradition to me, as I never grew up searching for eggs. I vaguely remember doing it once or twice at my grandma's house when I was younger, and my two older cousins and I started an Easter egg hunt for our younger cousins, but I never searched the house for eggs. I digress.

The kids were excited to find the eggs and were even more excited to find their Easter baskets compliments of Grandma via the Easter bunny. After diving into the candy and presents, we loaded up the car and headed to Grandpa's for an afternoon of family.

We stopped twice along the way, both times along a farm road, for the kids to pee. I think from now on we'll bring the portable potty in the car--it's no fun trying to position children in the wind. Anyway, we made it down there right before lunch, and the kids ate so much food! Jeremy is a fan of Aunt Nga's homemade salsa and her spring rolls. They did miss my cousin's kids being there, but maybe for the next family gathering. After lunch, this is what they did:

Teetering and tottering.

Good thing there's two of them!

More on the teeter totter.

Sliding.

Ready to slide again.

It was nice outside, so Phil and Nana took the kids to a nearby park. I must say, it was nice to have a little break. It was a little windy, but overall a beautiful day. They helped Nana plant a rose bush at Great-Grandpa's and brought him back some flowers.


Enjoying the daffodils.

Great-Grandpa and the grandkids and me.

Four generations.

1 comment:

LynnMSH said...

You look JUST like your grandfather! That's so cool. :)